Wednesday, June 10, 2009

London Town


I left Boston yesterday at 2:34PM, was delayed at Dulles by 2 hours, and finally got off the ground to London around 8PM. I didn't sleep at all on the flight, despite the free cocktail all passengers received for the delay. However, I did watch two movies: He's Just Not that Into You (for the second time, sucker for romantic comedies) and The Reader (twisted, sad, hot).
I arrived in London at 7:30AM to the Tube strike. I had prepared (read: MK had set up my travel arrangements to be prepared), so I was scheduled on a bus to Canary Wharf, where I would grab the Docklands Light Rail to Greenwich, where MK's friend lives. Due to the strike and the rain, traffic was ridic. It took me about the exact amount of time it took me to fly to London from Dulles to get from Heathrow to Greenwich. I made some friends, including the driver, who is an avid runner and former inhabitant of New Zealand, and the two other passengers who spoke English (a woman from Chicago who works for Northern Trust, and a British bloke who works for a Med Device company). Regardless, the whole ordeal was exhausting.
In Greenwich with MK, her friend's house is adorable, I need a nap very badly, and we are meeting people for cocktails at 6:30PM. Back on the horse. I remember that I love London - charming, character-filled, cute accents. I'm deciding what to do from the 22nd to the 25th and London is starting to look more appealing. I will take pictures tonight. Until then, I'm safe in London and looking forward to 2 days of rest before heading to Nairobi on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment