Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wine Wharf, London

We went to the Wine Wharf (http://www.winewharf.co.uk/) last night to meet up with some of MK and my friends in the London area. I didn't sleep on the flight and only got in about an hour nap, so I was pretty tired. My cure: wine. Obviously. I indulged in a white wine flight, which was basically my version of perfection.



For those who are interested (read: Neil), the details of the wines are listed to the left. The Chilean Sauvignon Blanc was fantastic, as to be expected. I feel like I've been leaning toward Chilean Sauvignon Blancs lately, when a reasonable New Zealand Sauv Blanc isn't available. I had a wonderful one in Boston with Katyhat. In addition to the wine, we had cheese, olives, nuts, and salad. It was amazing. I got to meet MK's friends from Hong Kong - a wonderful group of badass, irreverant women in finance. We're staying with her friend, Karen, in Greenwich, who works in derivatives at HSBC, does triathlons, and ran to work yesterday. Awesome.


After the Wine Wharf, we took the ferry home, which was wonderful.


MK leaves today for Africa, I leave VERY early tomorrow morning. Until then, I rest, get over jet lag, and eat fantastic british chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment